Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: COMMENTARY on MEEK's DEADMAN WALKING

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 21:07:47 -0500

At 7:59 PM 10/28/96, Dave Farber wrote:
Who did?

At 07:39 PM 10/28/96 -0500, you wrote:
Remember the Bank of Crooks and Criminals, Inc.? Guess who owned that.

The CIA, the KGB, MI6, and all sorts of helpful official government
agencies on all sides of the Cold War thought they were using BCCI as a
front, when it turned out the super-crooks were using them. If some
"trusted" big dude didn't abscond with several hundred millions, the bank
would not have been closed by the Bank of England who didn't give a hoot
what MI6 thought -- they were just trying to protect their rich British
investors. What a mess.

(FYI: Some CIA agent was quoted in the NYT giving the Bank of Credit and
Commerce Inc. the rubric: "Bank of Crooks and Criminals, Inc.")

So, who's to stop the next generation BCCI from creating the most
attractive 3d party Crypto Trust Certificate Depository. Does low bidder win?

I think we're being set up for the scam of the Century by a bunch of naive
Feds. Follow the money -- always.

ANONYMOUS (my KRAP non-de-plume for Trusted Certificates) for I.P.