Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: some help for a brazilian orphanage requested -- by an old

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 04:33:25 -0500

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 18:49:36 -0500
To: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
From: Jean Armour Polly <polly () well com>

Since you must hate messages that are only administrivia, I offer some
content,  you might be interested in this:

I just did a quick page for a Brazilian orphanage.

The direct path is http://www.well.com/user/polly/brindex.html

A long story how this came about, but the short version is Steve Goldstein
at NSF was at a conf in Brazil and met up with a woman who works for MCI in
Sao Paolo. She also helps run an orphanage. Steve took some digital
pictures. Somehow he has helped them get a used 486 machine and a net
connection. They hope to get many photos up on the Net to help the kids
find homes. These are carefully screened kids,  this program is selective
and has had some success.

Steve knows that this sort of thing is right up my alley. Anyway I said I
would do a home page for them, for the little info they have so far.

I have not linked my page to my top level yet, I am waiting for the
orphanage to sign off on it.

They also need more equipment (a printer would be nice), crayons, paper,
and T shirts (infant thru adult). I was thinking all those extra Comdex T
shirts might be put to good use. Things may be sent to:

Maria Aparecida Feder
Rua Dona Veridiana, 203 Cj. 3A Santa Cecilia
01238-010- Sao Paulo- Brazil
Att> MCI INTL INC.
MCI mail: 2018135 () mcimail com     Maria Feder

Thanks
JP

Jean Armour Polly       4146 Barker Hill Rd    Jamesville NY 13078 USA
+1 315-469 8670 (EST -5 GMT)    FAX-- +1 315 469-0176
http://www.well.com/user/polly/               polly () well com
Author of The Internet Kids Yellow Pages
ISBN 007-882-197-5
(UK ed: The Internet Kids Golden Directory )
Osborne McGraw-Hill   $19.95