Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: ..they could call it PhoneNet

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 08:06:59 -0500

I have always said that people in the computer field rediscover things
every five years .. Here is an example (well it is every 10 years in this
case). Unless I read it wrong (which I doubt).

In an article about  the Sand Hill Road Venture Capital folks.there is a
piece about  Whistle Communications, and the example they discuss with a
"hot" idea.  Whistle has a cheap way to connect small business to the
Internet using phone lines.  (they could call it PhoneNet! - re CSNet's way
of connecting small schools and business lans to the internet via phone
lines we did at UDel and called it PhoneNet)

Always nice to see people pick up good ideas .. was then .. is now

http://www.sjmercury.com/business/sandhill1116.htm