Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: an award we all can be proud of -- CDA Award from the ACLU

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 18:32:56 -0500

From: wheaton () well com (James Wheaton)
Subject: CDA Award

TO:

SF Bay Guardian
SPJ NorCal (Peter Sussman)
Jim Warren
John Quarterman
David Farber
Suzanne Stefanac
SPJ Penn (Walter Brasch)
Rogier van Bakel
Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols/Internet Press Guild
T Bruce Tober

Dear clients:

I neglected to mention in my recent post that you are all collectively, as
the Associaton of Publishers, Editors and Writers, the recipients of the
(annual?) Civil Liberties Award from the ACLU Foundation, for your joining
in the CDA challenge.

James Wheaton                             wheaton () well com
Senior Counsel and Founder,        First Amendment Project
Mass Communication Law,     San Francisco State University
California Sunshine Chair,    Society of Prof. Journalists
voice: 510/208-7744                      fax: 510/465-6248
1736 Franklin Street, 8th floor, Oakland, California 94612
,