Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: quick review of CDT Dir. Jerry Berman vs. Family

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 19:01:43 -0500

I take all opinions and will summarize

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 15:54:51 -0800
To: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
From: Richard Mateosian <srm () c2 org>

Jerry Berman, Executive Director of the Center for Democracy and
Technology, will debate Cathleen Cleaver of the Family Research Council
TONIGHT (Thurs 2/15) on PBS's 'News Hour with Jim Lerher'.

I just saw this debate. I'd have to say Cleaver won hands down. She just
smiled sweetly and spewed blatant untruths pitched at people's emotions.
Berman got caught up in technicalities. It made him sound defensive.

Television and thoughtful decision making don't seem to mix very well.  ...RM

Richard Mateosian        http://www.c2.org/~srm/   President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer     srm () c2 org        Review Editor, IEEE Micro