Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: a call for reason

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 16:20:02 -0500

Barlow's "declaration" and Stahlman's reply to it strongly suggest that we
make sure we do not YET AGAIN end up fighting ourselves .. that is those who
support liberty and the Bill of Rights, to the end result that the enemies
of freedom prevail. We are in for a hard time as we fight for what we
believe. I implore those who care, to work together and  to enter into more
calmness and considered
discussion and fewer fusillades.

It is for the common good.

Also I challenge Barlow and Stahlman to meet in Philadelphia in sight of
Constitution Hall and during the Year of the Computer for a reasoned debate
on their positions which UPenn would sponsor and which we would MBONE to the
world.

Dave