Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Interview on regulating cyberspace

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 02:47:35 -0500

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 00:17:01 -0500
To: farber () central cis upenn edu
From: Brian McWilliams <bmcw () redbud mv com>

Dave,

IP readers may be interested in the following:

I just posted an interview I did Thursday with Christine Varney, the Federal
Trade Commissioner in charge of Internet regulation, at my web site, "Off
the Record":

http://www.mediapool.com/offtherecord

It's in RealAudio format. I hope to post a text transcript in a week or so.

In the 12-minute interview, Varney talks about why she thinks consumer
education and business self-regulation are the best way to prevent fraud and
privacy violations on the net.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Brian

Brian S. McWilliams
editor, Off the Record
Sound information on business and technology
http://www.mediapool.com/offtherecord
Durham, NH USA
Voice: (603) 868-2949
Fax: (603) 868-2603