Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: An update on my Pilot PDA

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 09:28:25 -0400

As many of you remember I got a Pilot 5000 PDA and very much liked it with
one exception. This was the lack of interfaces to common programs like Lotus
Organizer, MS Scheduler etc. (even though Palm advertising made it seem like
the software was available (and free)).

Well IntelliLink finally has delivered the software and it works. I now have
Lotus Organizer interfaced to my Pilot. I picked Organizer since it supports
a Notebook which Scheduler does not.

Main problem installing it was the fact that Organizer does not know about
long names so create a organizer file with a short name first and then set
up the IntelliLink program. Other than that nit works like a charm (and
costs $69 list).

Aside from getting my award for bad deceptive advertisement, I now strongly
recommend the Pilot for those looking for a PDA for appointments etc. I have
used it now for two months and it is the first I have not junked after 1 week.

Dave