Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: a comment on my posting Re: Netscape -- time to get real

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 07:38:30 -0400

"Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995
From: *unattributed,* but sourced from a "business/technology" writer
To:   Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>

YOu have just been "'Scaped" as Im calling it.  I wrote about what a
fucked up job Netscape has been doing with customer support and public
relations.

This kind of ineptitude will sink this company if it's not careful.

As for the expired date... I've never seen this either... but haven't you
bought your copy of Netscape??  I was reamed by the PR folks when I kept
refering to the "free version" of the browser.  "There is no 'Free
Version'!!" they yelled at me, only a 90 day evaluation copy... "didn't
you read the license agreement?!"

Well, no, I didn't.  My company *bought* this version I use... you know
the same one you so stupidly decided not to fix, on purpose, to make sure
you took care of the millions of non-paying customers, I told them.

This company is run by idiots."

*unattributed,* but sourced from a "business/technology" writer