Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: A plea for help... please send to Bernie but cc me

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 11:18:48 -0500

Posted-Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 11:08:19 -0500
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 11:09:44 -0500
To: farber () central cis upenn edu
From: galler () umich edu (Bernard A. Galler)
Subject: A plea for help...
Cc: cole () spi org

Dave, I hope that either you or your IP friends can help me.  For the
Software Patent Institute (URL:  http://www.spi.org) I am trying to get
authors of old articles to give me permission to put their material into
our Database of Software Technologies.  The people listed below all
authored articles which are included in the notes for various years during
the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's of the University of Michigan Engineering
Summer Conferences.  We have permission from the University to use the
material in the database, but we are trying to do it right and contact the
authors.  Although I know many of these people, I don't have e-mail (or
current US mail) addresses for them, and I hope that someone on your list
will find it possible to help me get such addresses.  (Where I have put in
an affiliation, it reflects the affiliation at the time of the course at
Michigan.)  E-mail is best, but even a US Mail address would help.  Thank
you.
Bernie Galler
SPI President
Arthur Evans, Jr., Computation Center, Carnegie Institute of Technology
R.S. Barton
Robert W. Floyd, Computer Associates, Inc.
T.E. Cheatham, Jr.
Gene F. Leonard
Anatol W. Holt
D.E. Knuth
J.L. McNeley
Stephen Warshall
Robert M. Shapiro
Carlos Christensen
Spencer O. Chagnon
J.R. Goodroe
Renato Iturriaga
Thomas Standish.
Benjamin A. Dent, Burroughs Corporation
Allen L. Springer, IBM
Robert McClure
John W. Carr III
Herb .A. Simon
F.L. Bauer
H. Bottenbruch
Paul Lorenzen
Noam Chomsky
Heinz Schecher
C.Y. Lee
L.N. Korolev
Robert Perkins
Jesse .B. Wright, IBM
Irwin Greenwall, RAND Corp.
Glenn Graves
E.P. Graney
Walter F. Bauer
J.E. DeTurk
Donna Neeb
Gordon C. Stubbs
Robert G. Wright
Wallace Gardner
James N. Cranwill
H. Tellier
Wes.W. Peterson
Daniel B. Suits
Harvey L. Garner
William Miehle, Burroughs Corporation
Ralph T. Dames
R.P. Castanias
P.W. Knaplund
George L. Kalb
Richard M. Kelsey
Henry C. Lucas, Jr., Stanford University
David N. Freeman, Rutgers University.
Alan G. Merten
Philippe Dreyfus
J.C. Shaw
E.F. Codd, IBM
R.L. Ashenhurst, University of Chicago.
D.B. Gillies, University of Illinois.
A.H. Taub, University of Illinois
Fred M. Tonge
Kenneth C. Knowlton
Thomas F. McBride, IBM Corporation
Robert Morris, Bell Telephone Laboratories, Murray Hill, N.J.
H.K. Wild, IBM
G.A. Blaauw, IBM
Richard I. Tanaka, Lockheed Aircraft Company
Dean Arden, MIT
Richard G. Mills, MIT, Project MAC
John R. Pierce
Peter Wegner
Jerome A. Feldman
Daniel G. Bobrow, Bertram Raphael
William R. Sutherland, MIT, Lincoln Laboratory
Niklaus Wirth
C.A.R. Hoare
P.D. Rovner
Jay Earley
Stephen Warshall, Computer Associates, Inc.
Robert M. Shapiro, Computer Associates, Inc.
Roger Buiten
Harlan Lane
E.J. McCluskey, Jr.
A.L. Leiner
Rosalind B. Marimont, National Bureau of Standards, Washington, D.C.
W.A. Notz, J.L. Smith and A. Weinberger, National Bureau of Standards
James E. Robertson
George P. West
J.R. Harris
Ross B. Wilson
Robert H. Gregory
Thomas V. V. Atwater, Jr.
Marvin Minsky
J.W. Smith
H.R. VanZoeren, Carnegie Institute of Technology.
Al Perlis (family)

Bernard A. Galler
E-mail:  galler () umich edu
Fax: 313-668-9998