Interesting People mailing list archives

THE WORLD'S FIRST NOVEL-ON-THE-NET (tm) SHAREWARE!!!

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 22:02:15 -0500

                    !!!!POST EVERYWHERE!!!!
     THE WORLD'S FIRST NOVEL-ON-THE-NET (tm) SHAREWARE!!!
                      By Inter.Pact Press
                     "TERMINAL COMPROMISE"
                       by Winn Schwartau

    A high tech thriller that comes from today's headlines!

         "The Tom Clancy of computer security."
         Assoc. Prof. Dr. Karen Forcht, James Madison University

"Terminal Compromise" is a highly praised novel about the invasion of the
United States by computer terrorists.

Since it was first published in conventional print form, (ISBN: 0-962-87000-5)
it has sold extremely well world-wide, but then again, it never hit the New
York Times Bestseller List either.  But that's OK, not many do.

Recently, someone we know very well came up with a real bright idea.  They
suggested that INTER.PACT Press take the unprecedented, and maybe slightly
crazy, step to put "Terminal Compromise" on the Global Network thus creating a
new category for book publishers.  The idea is to offer "Terminal Compromise,"
and perhaps other titles at NOVEL-ON-THE-NET SHAREWARE(tm) rates to millions
of people who just don't spend a lot of time in bookstores.  After discussions
with dozens of people - maybe even - more than a hundred - we decided to do
just that.  We know that we're taking a chance, but we've been convinced by
hackers and phreakers and corporate types and government representatives that
putting "Terminal Compromise" on the net would be a fabulous step forward into
the Electronic Age, (Cyberspace if you will) and would encourage other
publishers to take advantage of electronic distribution.  (It's still in the
bookstores, though.)

NOVEL-ON-THE-NET SHAREWARE Fees For The People:

The suggested donation for individuals is $7.  If you hate Terminal Compromise
after reading it, then only send $6.50.  If you're really, really broke, then
tell a hundred other people how great it was, send us a rave review and post
it where you think others will enjoy reading it, too.  If you're only a little
broke, send a few dollars.  After all, this is how we stay in business.  With
each registration, we will also send a FREE! issue of "Security Insider
Report," a monthly security newsletter also published by Inter.Pact Press.

Please forward all NOVEL-ON-THE-NET SHAREWARE fees to:

    INTER.PACT PRESS
    11511 Pine St. N.
    Seminole, FL., 34642

Communications:

    Phn: 813-393-6600
    Fax: 813-393-6361
    E-Mail: p00506 () psi com
            wschwartau () mcimail com

 [Archie only reported TERMCOMP.ZIP at knot.queens.ca but the opening screen
 there recommends that outsiders use wuarchive.wustl.edu. I can verify that
 right now it is there as /doc/misc/termcomp.zip .  Padgett]