Interesting People mailing list archives

simulating the budget (fwd)

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 16:15:42 +0900

From: Mitch Marcus <mitch () linc cis upenn edu>
Posted-Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 08:21:23 -0400
Subject: simulating the budget (fwd)
To: farber () central cis upenn edu (Dave Farber)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 08:21:23 -0400 (EDT)

Dave,

I forwarded your note about do-it-yourself budget balancing to my
friend Arthur Waskow (who did the famous Freedom Seder in the late
'60s, and has done Jewish anti-nuclear and environmental activism
since, as well as much modern Biblical interpretation.).  Arthur also
has the distinction of winning a law suit against the FBI for having
his phone tapped illegally!

His response is too eloquent not to pass on.

[ And too eloquent not to pass on to IP. Makes me think of the Video game
war we saw played in Desert Storm. Only a handful of real people died (the
Iraqies seemed to be non real video game creatures. . Dave]
        Mitch