Interesting People mailing list archives

cmu and rimm , a clarification of a remark I made

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 23:07:43 -0400

I said I would hold my comment. Apparent tone is important in this business.

To quote a good friend the question is whether "the purpose
of the committee is (a) to sort out the issues and figure
out what to do or (b) to bury the issue"

I  and the friend hope and expect it to be a).

One way of insuring that that would bethe case is  to have
an external member of the committee who would be able to
resist any possible pressure  either community or
administrative.

Dave