Interesting People mailing list archives

CRA Home page

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 16:45:39 -0400

Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 13:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ed Lazowska <lazowska () cs washington edu>

As part of Congressional budget season activities, I coordinated the
building of a set of Web pages that attempt to describe the contributions
of computing research.  The material was largely drawn from the recent
NRC report on HPCCI (the "Brooks/Sutherland Report"), augmented by
presentations on how innovation has occurred in four specific areas, in
each case authored by an industrial leader.

I've been making sure (under the Computing Research Association
umbrella) that the material gets visibility for its primary purpose,
but it would be great if it could receive wider exposure.  It's important
that students, faculty, and practitioners be able to articulate the role
that computing research (and in particular the federally-sponsored
research program) plays in driving information technology forward.  Also,
I'd be delighted to have suggestions, or additional contributions.

So, step 1, please take a look yourselves, if you haven't already done
so.  Step 2, tell your colleagues and students, and please add links to this
material if you think it appropriate.

The "official" URL is

        http://cra.org/research.impact

However, you'll get better performance from

        http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/lazowska/cra

and you should use the latter URL if you're building a link from a page
of your own (which of course I'd really welcome).