Interesting People mailing list archives

Sumo style restaurant in Tokyo

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 20:46:31 -0400

I have had many requests for the location of the  Sumo type
restaurant mentioned in my Tokyo Diary ( I have put it on
my Web page http://macpond.cis.upenn.edu)

        Last night we went to a restaurant where Sumo food is served. I have
        never had so much food. A high amount of raw fish, tempura and a meat,
        fish stew that is the heart of the meal. We crawled out. The restaurant
        surrounds a sumo ring (used to be real one) and both japanese and
        western seating was avaiable. It is several blocks from the Sumo arena.
        Great place. If your aiming for Tokyo give it a try.

So: