Interesting People mailing list archives

a call from guess where

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 11:48:37 -0500

I got a call from DC from someone in the inside I know well who said:

1. The LD carriers have hired Howard Maker to lobby for
them on the "The planned Communications Act Re-write of the
New(t) Congress"

2. that there are meetings tomorrow and friday on the hill
between staffers and industrial representatives  -- not
hearings

3. the staffers have been told to make sure no plans, notes
etc get to the public

4. this is on the fast track

The person said that the "ravings" were aimed right and
would remove many of the restrictions and controls on the
carriers.

As I said before -- stanger things have happened. Sounds
like they may be happening again

And so much for a more open government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave