Interesting People mailing list archives

BETA TESTING FOR THE WASHINGTON POST

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 00:48:33 -0500

To: farber () central cis upenn edu (David Farber)
From: deyoung () ARPA MIL (Tice Deyoung)
Subject: BETA TESTING FOR THE WASHINGTON POST

David,

     Here is something your Interesting People list should find interesting.

     The Washington Post ran an add in yesterday's paper (26 Feb '95) on
page G8 titled, "Test Driv the Information Highway."  In it they ask for
volunteers to be Beta Site testers of their new Digital Link subsidiary's
offering.  That is the one they announced last summer to provide an on-line
version of the Washington Post.  In any case they ask you to write them or
fax them with your name, address, description of your computer (only PCs so
far, MACs later).  They list the requirements as 386 or better with at
least 8 MB RAM, 10MB free on your hard drive, Windows 3.1 and a 9600 baud
modem.  You should address such correspondence to the attention of Robert
Taylor. fax number is 201-818-2411, phone number M-F 9AM-5Pm is
800-881-9928 and email is Digitalink () washpost com.

Tice

| Tice F. DeYoung   |  "We don't inherit the earth from our       |
| ARPA-CSTO         |   parents, we borrow it from our            |
| deyoung () arpa mil  |   children"                                 |