Interesting People mailing list archives

new information on Michigan

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 17:01:40 -0500

Date: Sat, 4 Feb 95 16:57:04 EST
from: [ removed by djf]
To: farber () central cis upenn edu
Subject: true or false?

What you have is the story printed in Friday's Ann Arbor News.
Today the paper corrected the story to say that he wasn't expelled,
he was suspended.  They expect a decision on his future status at
the University on Monday.  I believe the rest of the story is
pretty accurate.  In a TV interview last night, he said he didn't
really know the woman he named.  She was in a class with him last
year, and he remembered her name.  I wouldn't make a big case out of
it until we see what the Univ does.  Frankly, I think she should
sue him.  Also, I think he is just sick.  I wouldn't make a big
freedom of speech issue out of it; he doesn't deserve it.