Interesting People mailing list archives

Virtual Presidential Primary Begins [ I do not warrentee this djf]

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 21:01:46 -0400

Voting in the Virtual Primary has started.  The basis behind the Virtual
Primary, is that every other area has a primary, so why shouldn't we have
a primary on the Internet.  The voting form is available on the WWW at:
http://www.umr.edu/~sears/primary/vote.html

If you feel very strongly about a candidate, I encourage you to campaign
on the 'net to get others to vote for him.  Feel free to post this message
to any newsgroup or any listserv.  The results of the Virtual Primary will
be made available to the press.  Since the results of this unofficial primary
will be made available before the results of any official primary We hope that
the Virtual Primary will become an indicator of the front-runners in the
campaign similar to the New Hampshire Primary.

If you do not have access to the WWW and would still like to vote then,
please send your vote in the following form.

  Mail From:  Full Name
     E-Mail:  E-mail Address
       Vote:  Last name of candidate you support
       State: 2-letter

   Zip Code:

The rules for the Virtual Primary are as follows:
    1. Fill out this form to be mailed a verification message. You must
       have an E-mail address in a USA domain for your vote to be
       counted.
    2. You must respond to the verification message to validate your
       vote.
    3. This form must be filled out in its entirety or your vote will
       not be valid.
    4. All votes by those who attempt to vote twice will be void.

--
Andrew Sears, Webmaster
Information Headquarters for the Presidential Primary