Interesting People mailing list archives

Cyberspace funds science

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 1994 20:54:48 -0400

Posted-Date: Sat, 24 Sep 1994 20:28:05 -0400
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 94 17:26:06 PDT
From: bks () s27w007 pswfs gov (Bradley K. Sherman)
To: farber () central cis upenn edu
Subject: Cyberspace funds science

    Some months ago I described the Hydrosonic Pump, an excess energy
    device invented and patented by James Griggs, of Cartersville, GA.
    See U.S. Patent number 5,188,090. This device produces massive
    quantities of excess heat energy at kilowatt levels for industrial
    applications. I believe it is a cold fusion (CF) device in which
    the CF effect is triggered by ultrasound, but perhaps it taps some
    other exotic, unknown source of energy. I am quite sure it is not
    a chemical, mechanical or electric heater, because it exceeds the
    limits of those sources thousands of times over. ... [1]

in the USENET conference sci.physics.fusion, an expedition is being
organized.  Readers of the newsgroup have pledged funds to send Tom
Droege, a physicist at Fermilab, to investigate the device.  Enough
pledges in the $20-30 range have been received to make the trip seem
like it just might happen.

[1] Source: sci.physics.fusion WAIS-archive at sunsite.unc.edu
    Originally-From: jedrothwell () delphi com