Interesting People mailing list archives

on the "The Future of the Japanese NII": do they know something we dont know --

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 19:06:25 -0400

From: "Harry J. Saal" <HSaal () svi org>
To: smartschools () smart1 svi org
The most surprising tidbit I gleaned from a Stanford conference
yesterday on "The Future of the Japanese NII":

According to Mr. Izumi Aizu: MITI (the Ministry of International Trade
and Industry -- sort of parallel to our Department of Commerce)
offered to connect 100 primary schools anywhere in Japan to the
Internet to explore the new frontiers. They were not able to find a
total of 100 schools which were interested in participating. Quite the
opposite of the USA status today.
=