Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: forwarded without comment -- anonymity requested from an IPer

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 1994 15:12:37 -0500

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 1994 14:27:28 -0500 (EST)
From: James Love <love () Essential ORG>
Subject: Re: forwarded without comment -- anonymity requested from an IPer
To: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
cc: interesting-people mailing list <interesting-people () eff org>

On Sun, 13 Mar 1994, David Farber wrote:
I got a few calls this morning from various very reliable sources who have
been reading your missives, telling me that the RBOCs are heavily lobbying
the hospitals and schools saying if they support regulating the Internet as
a common carrier, then the telephone company will wire up their buildings
cheap, and give them deep discounts on telephone and Internet service,
which they are forbidden to do today (they say). Sounds great to a
hard-pressed hospital administrator who knows nothing about telecom. Some
of our best friends think its a real deal.

   David, I have been following this, and I can tell you that the RBOC
have had nothing to do with this.  I don't even get private mail from
RBOC people on this.  I don't know who these reliable sources are, but
they don't seem to know what is going on to me.  jamie

James Love, Taxpayer Assets Project; internet:  love () essential org
P.O. Box 19367, Washington, DC 20036; v. 202/387-8030; f. 202/234-5176
12 Church Road, Ardmore, PA 19003; v. 215/658-0880; f. 215/649-4066