Interesting People mailing list archives

In the Interests of accuracy...an update on the Sprint situation

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 1994 19:40:42 -0500

From: cook () path net (Gordon Cook)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 1994 16:27:45 PST
To: farber () central cis upenn edu

Dave that message of mine you posted is now a week old.  On the basis of
information I had then I reported that Sprint was in a very weak position in
its protest.  I have since acquired a copy of the 6,000 word follow on it
submitted to GAO on March 15.  This document is a proverbial several orders
of magnitude better than its original Feb 28 filing.  My article for the
April COOK Report has now swollen to 10,000 words.  <sigh>  I think Sprint
is now in a position to give NSF a run for its money and should that fail
go into federal court.

Please submit this for the further edification of interesting people.