Interesting People mailing list archives

Information Highway Panel -- for those in the Philly area

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 1994 18:30:28 -0500

From: daryl () eniac seas upenn edu (Daryl Chertcoff)

  King's Court/English House presents a Forum for Contemporary Issues:

                    The Information Superhighway
                    ----------------------------
                What Impact will it have on your world?
                Come learn how high-speed information
                access via computers will directly affect YOU!

A Panel Discussion with
-----------------------                                -----------------
David Farber, Professor of CIS                         Tuesday, March 29
Andrea MacDonald of the Annenberg School               at 7 pm in the
David Millar, Penn's Information Security Officer      Blue Lounge of
Dan Updegrove, DCCS Executive Director                 King's Court.

     King's Court/English House is located at Sansom and 36th Streets.
             All are invited.  Refreshments will be served.

Some issues to be dealt with include:
- What's in store for businesses?  Changes in style.
- Security problems: What can we do to prevent losses?  Should we not
  depend so greatly on computers?
- What's in store for the future?  Government involvement (proposals
  such as Clipper), continued development, further innovations, and
  their effects.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail Daryl at
daryl@seas.