Interesting People mailing list archives

Ah, the leverage we have ...

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 20:20:57 -0500

From: Mary_Shaw () cs cmu edu
To: farber () CENTRAL cis UPENN EDU
Subject: Ah, the leverage we have ...
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 94 18:47:01 EST

Enclosed is from a change-of-address message received this afternoon:

I apologize if you get multiple copies of this message. I have sent it to all
unique email addresses found in my email archives for the last two years and
eight months. This was about 40 megabytes of text with a total of 6,500
addresses found in To fields, 3,300 in From fields, and 1,500 in Cc fields. Of
course, there was considerable overlap and I was also able to eliminate some
addresses manually, so this message is being sent to 5,396 addresses.
Unfortunately, there are most likely cases where the same person is on
the list multiple times under slight address variations. I could find no
simple way of pruning the list any further (eliminating duplicate userid's
disregarding the hostname would not work - e.g., there are five different
johnson@something on the list, representing four different individuals).

Only 40 meg in 2 years?