Interesting People mailing list archives

NSA Agents Threaten to Kill Bidzos of RSA?

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 15:30:43 -0400

From: tcmay () netcom com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: NSA Agents Threaten to Kill Bidzos of RSA?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 18:28:30 GMT

Frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of this
chilling report! Here we have the NSA--or at least an agent of the
NSA--threatening the president of the leading cryptography company,
and there's a muted response. This when a personality-oriented flame
war can generate 20 comments in two days. Jeesh.

Perhaps people dismissed it as too unbelievable, even though the
article was very clear in what happened.

In any case, Jim Bidzos has authorized me to pass on this comment:

--Begin comment by Jim Bidzos--