Interesting People mailing list archives

MITI's Information Infrastructure policy [and mazel tov to the the Peake family .. now +1 .. djf]

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 05:37:00 -0400

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 18:13:51 +0900
To: farber () central cis upenn edu
From: ajp () glocom ac jp (Adam Peake)

Dave, I would have got this to you last week, but I had that phone call I
was waiting for:  a daughter born on June 16, mother and baby very well,
and I made the flight from haneda and the birth!

Anyway, I wrote the following about the MITI info infrastructure document
we now have on our www server, thought it might be of interest to the list:

At the end of May, Japan's Ministry of International Trade and Industry
(MITI) published a document defining their concept of advanced information
infrastructure, this document is now available on GLOCOM's www server.  URL
for text version (indexed but without figures/tables) is:

   http://www.glocom.ac.jp/NEWS/MITI-doc.html

The complete document is available in PostScript and Common Ground
(Macintosh) formats, Japanese and English, see:

   http://www.glocom.ac.jp/WhatsNew/wn.html

I believe this is the first time a Japanese govt. ministry has allowed a
major policy document to me made available over the Internet.  GLOCOM has
begun a project called INFORUM with the goal improving access to Japanese
"grey literature", we hope that this MITI document will be the first of
many.

GLOCOM's www server is still under development, but we would welcome
comments from IPers.  GLOCOM's home page is:

   http://www.glocom.ac.jp

Please take a look around and let us know what you think.

Adam

Adam Peake
GLOCOM
International University of Japan