Interesting People mailing list archives

Reinventing gov't -- FinanceNet

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 1994 14:56:39 -0400

From: david.riggins () tpoint com

                         FinanceNet

FinanceNet is your opportunity to participate directly in
reinventing government financial management.  We invite you
to join together with other accountants, auditors and
financial managers to share information and ideas for
improving financial management throughout all levels of
government.  It's an Internet team that spans agencies and
departments, crosses public-private sector boundaries and
links Federal, state and local governments and professional
financial management organizations.

FinanceNet is associated with the NetResults network of
people and reinvention teams at Vice President Gore's
National Performance Review (NPR) in Washington, D.C.  The
mission of FinanceNet is to serve as a vehicle and catalyst
for continuous improvements and innovations in government
FinanceNet is your opportunity to participate directly in
reinventing government financial management.  We invite you
to join together with other accountants, auditors and
financial managers to share information and ideas for
improving financial management throughout all levels of
government.  It's an Internet team that spans agencies and
departments, crosses public-private sector boundaries and
links Federal, state and local governments and professional
financial management organizations.

FinanceNet is associated with the NetResults network of
people and reinvention teams at Vice President Gore's
National Performance Review (NPR) in Washington, D.C.  The
mission of FinanceNet is to serve as a vehicle and catalyst
for continuous improvements and innovations in government

 -->  1.  Welcome to FinanceNet.
      2.  What's New?.
      3.  Upcoming Events and Announcements/
      4.  Meeting Minutes and Highlights/
      5.  Journals, Newsletters, Publications and Testimony/
      6.  Current Federal Document Library/
      7.  Archival Federal Document Library (under construction)/
      8.  State and Local Document Libraries (under construction)/
      9.  NetResults/
      10. National Performance Review/
      11. Federal Government Budget (Sunsite)/
      12. Other Useful Gopher Sites/
      13. FinanceNet USENET Newsgroups (under construction).
      14. Evaluation and Comments.

Name=FinanceNet (National Performance Review)
Type=1
Port=72
Path=
Host=gopher.financenet.gov

Please understand that sites this new, often change their address.

I do not represent this site...I just found it and thought it would
be of interest.  I make every attempt to identify the point of origin
on every site I find.  If I have made an error, please let me know.

Also, I assume everyone reading this post will access the site via
gopher.  I have no idea (and do not attempt to find out) if the site
supports public telnet access.

        David Riggins
        Gopher Jewels Project
        david.riggins () tpoint com