Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: CORRECTION on Clipper and Wash Post

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 16:29:47 -0500

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 10:25:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike Nelson <mnelson () ostp eop gov>
Subject: Re: CORRECTION on Clipper and Wash Post
To: Mike Godwin <mnemonic () eff org>

Yes we did!  The background material stated explicitly that "the
Administration has no intention of changing current policies" that allow
any American to use any encryption device.  (Unfortunately, since we
cannot predict the outcome of future elections, we cannot predict what
might happen in the future.)