Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Appologies if necessary

From: Dorothy Denning <denning () cs cosc georgetown edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 1994 09:22:37 -0500 (EST)

for forwarding the Shapiro note if it offended you. I thought it was not a
personal attack but rather maybe a too subtle for email satire. Again
personal appologies.

Between you & I:

Thanks.  I didn't find it funny, and didn't really get it.  He said I
made statements that were "deliberately misleading".  Is he accusing me
of actually making such statements or accusing me of accusing others
of doing that?  Since I have not done the former and do not believe I have done
the latter at least in any public forum, I am, yes, offended, because I
do not appreciate attacks on my intergrity in a public forum.

I stand by my words and did not find any of his arguments to make much
sense.  Yet responding to them does not seem like the right thing to do
either.

Dorothy