Interesting People mailing list archives

Japanese Prime Minister's Task Force for Promoting an Advanced Information and

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 22:36:54 -0400

Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 12:58:30 +0900
From: ajp () glocom ac jp (Adam Peake)

Dave, for IP if you wish.

Adam

The following is an unofficial translation prepared by Glocom, the official
Japanese text is available at:
http://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/info.html

--------

Prime Minister's Task Force for Promoting an Advanced Information and
Communication Society

The Japanese Government thinks it is critical that Japan cooperate
positively to improve information and communication globally along with
general promotion of policies to construct advanced information and
communication in Japan.  For this, the August 2nd meeting of all government
ministers established an advanced information and communication project at
the Cabinet level.

(Note:  The Task Force is chaired by the Prime Minister, co-chaired by the
Chief Secretary, Minister for Post and Telecommunications, and Minister for
International Trade and Industry.  Its meetings will be run by the Chief
Secretary and its members include all Ministers of the Cabinet.)

As we begin discussion about this project, we would like to hear the
opinions of people from all nations.  We welcome your comments and ask you
to send them via the Internet, which the Prime Minister's Official
Residence recently experimentally introduced.

Please send your comments to:

   naisei () kantei go jp

Closing dates for comments is September 30, 1994