Interesting People mailing list archives

PGP 2.6 available on magazine cover

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 1994 20:10:24 -0400

Newsgroups: alt.security.pgp,connect.audit
From: hdrw () ibmpcug co uk (Howard Winter)
Subject: PGP 2.6 available on magazine cover
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 1994 23:22:23 GMT
Sender: hdrw () ibmpcug co uk (Howard Winter)

In case anyone's interested, the magazine PC Answers (issue 7, Sept 94)
here in England has a copy of PGP 2.6 on a cover disk, along with the
Windows front end: PGP WinFront from Ross Barclay.

This appears to be the 'plain' version, no suffix.  If it wasn't supposed
to be exported from the USA, it's leaked in a big way!  According to the
RSA and MIT licences included, it's available for any non-commercial use.

Looks like I'll start using PGP in earnest.
Has anyone any advice on how to get my public key 'trusted', since I
don't know anyone else who already has a trusted key?  Similarly, how
do I know when to trust keys I receive, given that I have no keys yet that
I 'trust'?

Cheers,

--
Howard Winter  hdrw () ibmpcug Co UK    CIS: 100111,1420    0W21'  51N43'