Interesting People mailing list archives

Here we go again, from a news release

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 1994 08:49:23 -0400

        WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) -- Bell Atlantic plans will announce within
a few weeks a multibillion dollar deal for equipment that will
enable it to offer cable television to customers by year-end,
Chairman Ray Smith said Friday.
        Smith would not release any further details following the
regional telephone company's annual meeting. The Wall Street
Journal reported Friday that the company's former parent, AT&T
Corp., General Instrument Corp. and DSC Communications Corp. had
won the contracts.
        ``It's going to be fast; it's going to be large; and it's going
to be flexible. But in terms of the particulars, I would say we are
in the final strokes,'' Smith said.
        Bell Atlantic hopes to sign up a million customers a year, who
will pay between $200 and $250 for the services, he said.