Interesting People mailing list archives

Caution alert. I will check this out soon

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1993 08:32:06 -0500

Posted-Date:    Sun, 5 Sep 1993 21:12:24 -0700
From: "Brock N. Meeks" <brock () well sf ca us>
To: farber () central cis upenn edu, interesting-people () eff org
Subject: Re:  The Power to Destroy from Telecom Digest
Date:   Sun, 5 Sep 1993 21:12:24 -0700

Dave, have you personally verified this new "tax" in NY?  The
"important information" notice doesn't look like something that
comes out of the state regulator's office.  No phone number, incorrect
reference to tax code subsections... I'd be suspicious until you personally
check this out.

Too may BBS advocates believe they know the tax laws, for some
unknown reason, and go off half cocked on stuff like this, never bothering
to do an ounce of research to see if it's legit or not.

Brock