Interesting People mailing list archives

From the Friday San Jose Mercury News, front page

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1993 20:16:14 -0500

" Vice President Al Gore came to meet --and pick--the brains of "Smart Valley"
Thursday night...

And in the back yard of Saal's home, the vice president...went into full blown
hands-on mode with some of Silicon Valley's latest toys....

There were demonstrations by Cupertino's City Net, which links that city's
schools, the Palo Alto library's computerized catalog; Mercury Center, an
on-line news service of the Mercury News; and RadioMail, a wireless electronic
mail service...

We're going to talk about our agenda for the National Information
Infrastructure, Gore said.  I'm going to learn from them."