Interesting People mailing list archives

Fermat's last theorem....

From: Ted Shortliffe <ehs () camis stanford edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 17:34:09 -0800

Folks,
        I'm sure you'll all be as excited as I was to hear about the following.
Seriously, I wonder if technical discussions in medical informatics sound
this unintelligible to others......?
Ted

At 10:30 am today in Cambridge, England, Andrew Wiles claimed to
have proved Fermat's Last Theorem, and the Shimura-Taniyama-Weil
conjecture for semistable elliptic curves over Q. (see below)