Interesting People mailing list archives

Perhaps you could help

From: John F. McMullen <mcmullen>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 93 16:43:10 EDT

I received this from Mark and, with his permission, am sending it to you
in the hope that you might write something.

John

From panix.com!mark Tue Jul  6 15:31:07 1993
From: Phiber Optik <mark () panix com>
Subject: Personal request...

Friends and fellow netters:
        I regret to inform you all that after much stress and anxiety, I
decided the risk of loss to be too great, and have accepted a guilty plea
in my case.  All things considered, it seemed the only thing to do in order
to avoid the possibility of a much harsher sentence in the event things did
not go well during trial.  I entered my plea on Friday, July 2nd, and am to
be sentenced this November.
        I'm sending this letter to those who were under consideration for
testifying in my favor as character/expert witnesses, and I would greatly
appreciate if you could put together letters of recommendation attesting
to my character.  These letters would be considered by the judge and the
probation department and would help me in my review for sentencing.

If there are any questions, feel free to reply, or you can contact my lawyers,
Paul Ruskin and Carl Hartmann, at 212/223-3330.

Thank you,
-Mark.