Interesting People mailing list archives

autoresponder () WhiteHouse Gov

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1993 09:31:36 -0500

From: autoresponder () WhiteHouse Gov
Date: 12/8/93 6:29AM
FYI D

     Our electronic communications project has been structured in
three phases.  Phase One established the Internet address, so
that we could begin receiving electronic mail.  Phase Two now
provides a means for interested parties to receive White House
publications.  The goal of Phase Three, which we hope to achieve
soon, is to be able to respond electronically to incoming
messages.

     Now that Phase Two of our project is complete, we are proud
to announce the Internet address for obtaining White House
documents and publications.  The address is:

               publications () whitehouse gov

To receive instructions for obtaining documents, please send a
request to the above address.  In the body of the message, type
"Send Info" (without quotes); no other text is necessary.  The
instructions will be sent to you automatically.  You will then be
able to search for and receive a list of documents by simply e-
mailing your request, as outlined in the instructions.  Once you
have received your list and made your selection, our publications
server will mail the information you have requested within a
matter of minutes.  We would like to hear your reactions to this
new offering.  Send comments/suggestions to:

          publications-comments () whitehouse gov.

     All of us at the White House are excited about the progress
that has been made with this historic project, and we look
forward to future developments.  Your continued interest and
participation is very important to us.

                         Sincerely,

                         Stephen K. Horn
                         Director
                         Presidential E-Mail

Note:  You will receive only one automated response per day.