Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Weird Traffic

From: "Jackson, Ben (ITD)" <Ben.Jackson () state ma us>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:54:56 -0400

On my personal web server, I have been seeing badly configured spiders
from China "indexing" my site. These spiderds seem to choke on certain
URLs and cause them to keep appending data to the URL. I seem to notice
them afterwards after I see 2000+ hits on my site in a single day.

I have tried to stop them, but they don't seem to understand "403".

I've seen two IPs doing this:

202.108.23.172
220.181.38.82

                                ~Ben

--
Ben Jackson, GCIA - Sr. Security Engineer - Commonwealth of
Massachusetts