Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Distributed Bruteforce against SSH

From: "Keith T. Morgan" <keith.morgan () terradon com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:01:52 -0400

I wanted to follow up on this after putting a little more thought into it.  Honestly, I'm quite impressed by the
intelligence the botnet is exhibiting.  Based on the testing I've done, it's clear that the entire botnet is
collectively sharing its position in the dictionary on a per-target basis.  Fairly slick, IMO.