Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Mysterious JavaScript appearance in website database

From: "Yuli Stremovsky" <stremovsky () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:49:10 +0300

I can advise you to update your CMS system including all plugins and
install SQL firewall.
You can use GreenSQL db firewall to protect MySQL server from SQL
injection attacks.

http://www.greensql.net/

Best regards,
Yuli

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Jon Oberheide <jon () oberheide org> wrote:
Looks like an SQL injection attack.

Take a look in your MS-SQL database at the affected entries and I bet
you'll see the nmidahena reference.

Since this is a widespread, automated attack that has affected other
sites, it's unlikely it was targeted at your specific organization or
custom CMS.  Give your codebase a thorough audit for SQL injection
vectors.

Regards,
Jon Oberheide