Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Port 500 scans

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:58:21 -0500

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:19:39 +0100, klaus.dombrofsky () degussa com said:

On my IDS i detected massive scans from single ip-addresses to different
ip-addresses with source  AND targetport 500.
This scan uses alsmost the whole bandwith of our internet-access.

Question:
Does someone know any existing worm using a VPN-vulnerability ?

Would you believe some garden-variety scanning exploit running on some random
0wned machine that has the "Always try using IPSec first" option set?