Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Source port 0 and from a 0 network to boot?

From: kurt <kurta59 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:29:08 -0500

0 may be a legit first octet but more realistically this PCs address
was actually 10.153.189.110.  So the source addresses we knew where
spoofed.  I'm wondering if this looks like any known
bot/trojan/whatever?

this was a definate attempt to DoS the destination, too bad it DoS'd a
local network.  it may have been the writer of this
bot/trojan/whatever had assumed the exploited PC would be closer to a
perimeter (ie: home broadband) and not deep within a network?

the box was taken off-line and by now i'm guessing it's been rebuilt <bummer>

forensics?  probably not...... oh well.