Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Strange Traffic UDP port 8193

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:34:44 +0200

Hi Hector,

I don't know the port, sorry. Perhaps you can catch some fragments with a packetsniffer?

Julius

--

Munoz, Hector wrote:
 Hi

   I was playing with Ethereal and found some broadcast traffic destinated
to the same port: 8193 (UDP) . The source port was changing from 1027 to
1051 on each machine being different. Clients are running Windows 2000 and
XP. This just happens on a couple machines.

   I googled for some info about this port but found nothing.

   Do you have any idea of what this port is for?

Thanks,

-Hector