Security Incidents mailing list archives

administrivia: bounces, vacation messages, etc...

From: Daniel Hanson <dhanson () securityfocus com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:08:32 -0700

This is the naggy moderator here,

I have received 4 or 5 complaints to me about people having vacation messages and the like enabled, and that it makes
them unlikely to post to the list. I do my best to remove offending email addresses when I post.  If you post to the
list and you receive more than about 5 or 6 (it seems that 2 days after I unsubscribe all the emails that set up
vacation messages, 6 more have re-appeared) let me know, and send me a copy of the message and I will fix the problem.

As it is vacation time coming up for many parts of the world, please, PLEASE don't set vacation messages for mailing
lists.

For those people who will undoubtedly complain about why you shouldn't have to take the time to figure out how to use
your mail client or server, don't, I will ignore and delete your message.  It's called etiquete and if you are selfish
and don't understand that, I certainly don't care.