Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: DoS/DDoS on port 1863(MSN protocol)

From: "easternerd" <easternerd () gmx net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:50:16 +0530

Hi,
I suggest you first take Incident Response Step #1 - Cut off the
attack.
ask your isp to apply ingress rules.
Remember now the packets doesnt seem to have a harmed you much,
But what if the router just pops off, u sure dont want to DOS
yourself.
and take measures to notify the isps from where these attacks are
erupting.

Email Correspondence :
easternerd () gmx net
easternerd () eml cc