Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: DoS worm

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:05:45 -0700

  I have the SMB probing; although I strongly suspect weak admin
passwords, I don't see anything that looks like brute-forcing through
a list.  (Maybe it's trying to avoid triggering account lockout?)  I
could provide these in .pkt (EtherPeek) format if that would be useful.
  The only SSH connections I saw were unanswered SYNs, but I don't know
that there weren't others that did get answers.

David Gillett