Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Systems compromised with ShellBOT perl script - part 2

From: "KEM Hosting" <security () kemhosting com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:01:32 -0500

Yes, upgrading Apache should have been done awhile ago.  The obstacle there
is that I'm using Plesk (virtual host web-control panel) which installs all
their custom RPMs.  If you try to upgrade them with standard RPMs, bad thing
tend to happen. I'm sure there's a way to upgrade, but last time I tried
(qmail), things got botched badly.  Anyone have experience with Plesk?

Thanks for the responses.

Ed