Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Recent rise in Phishing attacks

From: Penetration Test <penetration.test () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:44:32 +0800

Hi,

According to  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/19/diy_phishing/ ,
there is a phishing DIY kit, probably someone is using the kit to
establish those phishing sites.

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:20:58 -0700, Hubbard, Dan <dhubbard () websense com> wrote:
Starting Sunday afternoon (Oct 5, 04) we are currently seeing a massive
increase in the amount of phishing sites (more than a 10 times increase
than our regular load). There is not one particular brand being targeted
but several. The one piece of commonality is that these almost all are
being hosted on IP addresses and mostly outside of the US.  It appears
as though some sort of toolkit maybe available and/or a set of tools
that are utilizing a large bot network for this.

Does anyone have any evidence or other information to share regarding
this?

Dan Hubbard
Security & Technology Research
Websense Security Labs
http://www.WebsenseSecurityLabs.com

--
<<penetration dot test **AT** gmail dot com>>